An individual’s experience of trauma can impact every area of human functioning- physical, mental, behavioral, social and spiritual. Many service systems designed to help youth and adults can unknowingly cause re-traumatizing experiences if proper training and education is not sought. This training is designed for community behavioral health organizations, government systems, schools, primary care clinics, social services and law enforcement agencies. Areas covered in a one or two day training include:
- Defining trauma and its prevalence on individuals, children, families and communities.
- Understanding the impact of intergenerational trauma.
- Learn how to recognize maladaptive behaviors as a response to trauma.
- Trauma specific interventions.
- Recognizing and managing compassion fatigue and secondary traumatic stress